How to still be her friend?

I guess this is more to get it off my chest and I know the only "problem" I am having is with myself...Starting out we seemed to be good friends, everything was perfect for both of us, met in high school, met our husbands at the same time, had our 1 babies within a week of each other, everything was just so common for us and it was great but now I am pulling away from her because I am just so.....jealous.

I gained (alot) of weight. She lost (alot) of weight.
Her hubby is simply amazing. Mine is a lazy ASS.
Her husband got a raise ( & then another). Mine made me get a WAHjob, & takes my money.
They go on vacations, shopping, has parties & lots of friends. My husband is anti-social...the only people I see is family& we only go grocery shopping.
She just bought my dream car. I dont even have a lisence.

She is living her life...I am depressed and cant get out of it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I know how you feel. I'm kinda just stuck. I think i'm pulling away because I don't want people to know what my life is like. I'm ashamed of my life, as bad as that is to say I really feel like there is nothing good going for me in my life.
    Anonymous

• Don't let anyone make your happiness... You have complete control over your life so take the bull by the horns and start being in control. If you aren't happy then do something to change it. No one should have that much power over your life. Life is too short to let it waste away.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:05 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• well then maybe you need to evaluate your marriage. are you happy with him? do you really want to stay with him? is that who you want being an example for your children? you could find someone like her husband, you know. or have a serious talk with your husband and tell him he either shapes up or ships out.
    you could also loose weight. maybe you should ask her for tips or tricks. ask her to be your gym or jogging buddy. ive lost alot of weight in my life. its not that hard. with some diet and exercise, you can loose weight quick. 3-4 months it took me to loose around 60 pounds, if your consistent with it.
    get your lisence! why are you sitting around wasting your life away?
    why dont you take that jealousy you feel towards her, stop taking it out on her, and turn it into motivation and inspiration to achieve the things you want to in your life, and then you wont feel jealous anymore. she would probably love to help you..
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I agree...ask her for help. A. She is probably not sitting around thinking about how great she is. You didn't mention her being snotty about it. B. her life is probably not as perfect as you think, because nobody's is. And C. You may even grow closer by talking to her about your confidence issues. Maybe she will fill you in on her own worries and shortcomings. Maybe she had her own insecurities to face to get where she is, and she could help you face yours. As for your husband...you can either love and accept him for who he is, talk about what you expect from him and vice versa, or leave. But trust me, if you change your actions and attitude first, he will likely follow suit to keep up with the "new you."
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 11:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• It's not HER fault she is doing well and you aren't so why would you want to lose a friend over this? Jealousy is extremely unattractive in a grown woman. Sorry if this sounds harsh but you need to GET OVER IT. Try being happy for your friend instead.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:42 AM on Mar. 17, 2010