what am i doing wrong???

i'm only 5 months pregnant. before i got pregnant i weighed 105 lbs, i'm 5'2". i knew you were supposed to gain 25 lbs and i intended to but i've already gained 27 lbs and still have 4 months left. i eat healthy, i work out 4 times a week, i've always been athletic. i just don't understand what i'm doing wrong. i'm scared i'm gonna get fat. please no harsh comments...this really worries me, i want to be thin, athletic, and healthy after this pregnancy like i was before...help?!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The general recommendation on weight is 25-35lbs. Over and under weight women can healthfully and safely gain way more or way less depending. Weight is just 1 measure of how your pregnancy is progressing. Weight alone means very little.

Everyone gains differently. Some women gain all of their weight in the 2nd trimester and then gain only like 2 pounds in the 3rd. Some women don't gain anything until the very end.

Eat right for the baby, continue to exercise for the baby, and enjoy the extra calories your baby needs. Stay hydrated. You have nothing to worry about.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Your gaining weight from baby, placenta and amniotic fluid the whole way through. So as long as your not gaining huge amounts quickly, you'll be surprised when baby's out and you drop 20+ lbs! All the weight your gaining isn't fat! :)
    Right now I'm staying the same weight, so I know i'm losing, because even with the baby and all the other stuff accumulating, my weight isn't changing.
    Congrats!!!!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:40 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Don't worry about it. Really! I was golden until I hit 30 weeks...then I gained 30 more pounds on top of the 20 I had already gained! So total I went from 140-190! I was having a heartattack! But literally the day after I had my son, I weighed myself and weighted 170, then a week later I weighed 165, another week, 160. Now 7 months later, I'm down to 155 and have 15 pounds to go to be back to what I was. The majority of it comes off so quick you won't believe!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:27 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I gained 40- I was pre pregnancy approx 100 pounds, lost 10 in the first trimester because of genetics I guess, then gained it plus 30 in the next two. That 25 is a lower range for women who may already have excess weight. You should expect a 30-40 pound gain based on your pre pregnancy weight and height. Don't worry about after yet. Just focus on being healthy and gaining what you need to for a healthy baby. After the baby is born then you can worry about how to get your pre pregnancy body back; if you were athletic prior and have stayed moderately active and have a healthy diet it shouldn't be too difficult to get back in shape. Just remember: nine months on, at least nine months off.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:27 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• i woldnt worry about it i gained 35lbs from my pregnancy and afterwards i lost 40 lbs which means i lost 5 extra pounds..my reg weight was 120 now im 115ish...seriously its easier to loose than you think
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 12:52 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I gained 38 with my first and 45 so far with this one and have 5 weeks left. I wouldn't worry about it. Pretty much everyone I know gained more than the "recommended" amount. And as pp's have said most of the weight comes off right away and easily, especially if you nurse.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 1:04 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• yeah with my first I gained over 80 lbs which sucked because I had 30 that wouldn't get off and now I am on 2nd baby at 20 weeks have only gained 6 lbs but i have enough on me that I don't need to gain a lot.. I agree with everyone else.. you are doing great!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 7:46 AM on Mar. 17, 2010