I don't get it

Why do anorexic people think they're fat? I don't get it. EAT SOMETHING DAMN IT!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Health

• I think it is a distorted body image. or maybe they hear voices?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• YEah I thought it was rude and in all silliness I was just making fun of the obese question.
    Anonymous

• Anorexia Nervosa is part of a family of body dysmorphic disorders that is rooted in obsessive compulsive behavior. Included in this group are also disorders like bulimia and orthorexia. People suffering from one of these disorders literally looks in the mirror and sees fat. That is sometimes all they see. Body dysmorphic disorders are also linked to excessive body building in men, referred to as exercise bulimia. These are real psychological disorders, and cannot be fixed by "just eating something" They require treatment in the form of therapy, and understanding from the people around them. Not assumptions that they just don't want to eat.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:20 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Didn't mean to sound short; I had a cousin develop anorexia and it took a lot to get her to where we don't worry anymore. There is no cure for it; it's kind of like cancer, you can only go into remission, and it could come back later on.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:47 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Rude. This is a mental issue. Its not as simple as " I dont wanna eat it" What they see in the mirror is NOTHING like what we see when we look at them. Do your research
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 6:42 AM on Mar. 17, 2010