Is 4 yrs old to old to go to sleep with a sippy cup?

I 4 yr old and 2 yr old both go to sleep every night with water or milk sippy cups. Do you think this is too old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Mar. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• umm yes! not so much the 2 year old, that one should kinda start breaking from that,but the 4 y/o thats too old
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:24 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• hey my 3 year old go to sleep the same way
    evelyn334

Answer by evelyn334 at 12:24 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• How can your four year old go to bed with a sippy and bot pee him bed? That is how I got my middle child to give his up, He peed his bed a couple of times after he was potty trained. I told him no more sippy cups in bed because they made him pee his bed. He listened and just gave them up. I would work on making sure it is only water and then work on getting rid of them all together.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:26 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Pretty sure it is not a good idea for a child of any age NOT to go to bed with a sippy cup or a bottle...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Yeah the 4 yr old goes to bed with water only and she has never wet the bed, I see where you are comming from tho. I was wondering if she likes to have her cup because her sister has to have her cup. I dont know but I was just wondering if that was normal. :)
    Anonymous

• I think think she likes to have it because she can. But its my understanding that its not safe for any child of any age to go to bed with a bottle or sippy cup. Also, don't get used to letting the 4 year old do things just because the 2 year old does. To me, that would set her back in alot of ways and she needs to get used to some things being different. She will be allowed to do things her younger sibling can't do as well.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:44 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• 4 is old, BUT if its water then not so much. My DD is 20 months old and she goes to sleep with a cup and water every now and then ill sneak in milk...
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 12:46 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• My 5 year old goes to bed with a cup of water on his bed side table. He used a sippy cup of water in bed until he was about 3. I have no issue with having a drink in bed but IMO it should be water. milk or juice can sit on the teeth all night and cause problems...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:31 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Yes, but more importantly it's not good for their teeth to drink something other than water at bedtime.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• My 4 year old go to bed with sissy cup of milk I dont have a problem with that.
    Gabbyandbellamo

Answer by Gabbyandbellamo at 9:24 AM on Mar. 17, 2010