Getting rid of cradle cap...?

My DD is almost 4 months and has sudden aweful cradle cap. It grosses me out.
Tricks to get rid of it???

NicoAffa

Asked by NicoAffa at 1:16 AM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Target sells some stuff by their soap section from Gentle Naturals brand that is for Cradle cap. I tried all the "tricks" of putting various things on their head then combing it out, and nothing worked but the stuff from Target. It grossed me out too! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• you can just do what i did, very convenient
    just use whatever baby shampoo/wash you currently use and brush his hair with it in while in the bath or over a sink
    you must wash/brush his hair everyday in order for it to get better because its oily skin mixed with dead skin so its can come back easily
    try that for 2 weeks
    if it doesnt go away in 2 weeks tell his pediatrician or family doctor

good luck
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:30 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Got this from my Doc: Ovace Foam and Plus Ovace Wash. DD's cradle "crap" got pretty bad. I mean i wanted to keep her hat on in public, I tried almost everything. At her checkup I asked him about it. He gave me the stuff above. I used it for 2 weeks. And It was gone. Wasn't harsh on her scalp. It is NOT safe for babies eyes, so watch out for that. I do not know if you can order this online. I would call your ped and ask. I wish I knew you lol... I've got an entire set (12) left id give em to you.

Good luck mommy.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 6:28 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• The Gentle Naturals stuff is the best. Plus they have a eczema cream that will help, too. That's all cradle cap is -- eczema.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:23 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• plain old selsun blue dandruff shampoo. works like a charm.
    sheaclaypottery

Answer by sheaclaypottery at 7:35 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I am old school, use Vasaline on her head. Let it sit a while then wipe off and wash with a mild baby shampoo.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 7:37 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I put baby oil on his head, let sit for a few minutes, then combed it out. Put him right in the bath after because he'd be greasy afterward.

I've also read that if it's very persistent you can use a little bit of Head and Shoulders, but be careful because it's not tear proof.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:49 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• my oldest would get it so bad she would have it on her head and forhead what I did was I took a wet baby toothbrush and lightly brushed the babys head with it and that helped you may have to do it a couple times
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:57 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I used Vaseline. Before bath time, I'd rub his head down with it and let it sit for about five minutes, then into the tub to brush his hair before I washed it and then brush it again.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 9:07 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Head and shoulders. My baby had it SOOOO bad..Also a bigger brush,not a baby one.No baths every day.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:51 AM on Mar. 17, 2010