swollen feet & ankles

i have 3 weeks to go until my due date and my feet & ankles are killing me. they're sooo swollen! i'm on my third child & i've never experienced anything like this. does anyone have any tips on how to relieve the swelling. it's really uncomfortable.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Drink lots of water and wear tennis shoes. I noticed the compression from tennis shoes made the swelling in my feet 10 times better. Also, mine seemed to get worse when I would sit too long. Go for a walk.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• massage them if you can reach them. and really watch your salt!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Look up essential oil massage for edema, and drink a gallon of water or more a day. The more water you drink the more the swelling will go down, but rub rub rub those legs. I believe peppermint oil is good for this but I am not 100% sure.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:54 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• If you can't reach your ankles, do ankle pumps. Just bend at the ankles about 15x, as many times a day as you think of it.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 7:35 AM on Mar. 17, 2010