Packing for hospital?

At how many weeks did ya'll pak for the hospital? and what stuff should i take? This is my first pregnancy.

BeccaAmaya09

Asked by BeccaAmaya09 at 1:44 AM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I Packed at 30 weeks, i was bored obviously

Going home outfit for me and baby, remember wear full butt underwear
    toiletries, hair brush, favorite socks, lollipops for labor, disposible camera just in case digital breaks, runs out of memory, etc
    thats basically it. Ill write again if i can think if anything else i brought,

oh yeah a car seat and blanket for my baby

DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:08 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I didn't pack with my first and my water broke at 35 weeks. I would recommend packing at least by 33 weeks just in case. I forgot a lot of stuff.
    For you- *Outfit to wear home- sweats and a big tee. (you'll still look 6 mo pregnant)
    * Toiletries- Sample size shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion, etc.
    * Camera
    *Brush
    *Slipper socks!
    *video camera
    *baby picture of you and daddy (to compare what baby looks like)

For baby- *Take home outfit
    * baby book (get footprints)
    *car seat
    *blanket
    *infant hat and mittens (hospital will probably give you a hat)
    Most hospitals give you diapers and wipes too. I think that's everything. Good luck and congrats mama!!

jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 2:58 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Oh yeah and our hospital has dvd players and wi-fi so this time I'm bringing some dvd's and the laptop.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 2:59 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I packed really early with my first but this time Im 34 weeks and all I have packed is my little girls diaper bag and its packed to a T. I have it all in there, you name it I got it lol. As for my bag Im waiting just a little longer cause I will still use allot of what I need to pack in the next few weeks so I dont want to keep going back and fourth out of my bag getting stuff and putting it back in. However now that you mention it I probably do need to get a standard bag packed just incase. I will start working on that tomorrow probably cause you never know when that time might come. Oh and by the way over half if not all the stuff you pack you probably wont ever use. I used absolutly nothing in my bag the first time except like my tooth brush of course lol. I didnt have the energy to get all primped up for going home so that outfit ect never happend, it was all about baby. I would bring movies but your probably going to want
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 4:13 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• to rest up untill its time to push and plus you might have family come visit you befor baby is actually here so they will take up some of your hospital time as well. And as far as candy or lollypops I would ask your hospital befor eating those cause mine is very strict and wont let me have anything except ice chips and a fat free popcycle which are discusting. you dont even need to bring soaps ect. unless you want to but the hospital provides all of that and I didnt even get to ware my own underware or night gown cause of how nasty it is down there. Trust me you dont want to ruin your things even your pantys so definatly ware the throw away pantys they will give you there and there gowns unless you want blood stains all over your stuff. If I had someone tell me all this befor then my bag would have been way less full lol.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 4:18 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• If you wanna know somemore of what mothers have packed and when, get on youtube i watch them alot and type in hospital bag and some will come up. Enjoy hun and congrats
    Tryin4GodsAngel

Answer by Tryin4GodsAngel at 7:23 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• i would have it done by 35 weeks. bring comfy clothes for you and your SO, some clothes and blankets for baby. toiletries, CASH! lots of placesonly take cash still, we learned that the hard way w our first.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 12:15 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Thank you everyone I am 32 weeks so i'll probley start getting stuff together.
    BeccaAmaya09

Answer by BeccaAmaya09 at 2:54 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• That is kind of funny. I packed as if I was never comming back. I packed way too early. I was 27 when I started trying to get pregnant.When I found out I was pregnant packing was the first thing I did. I packed relaxation tape, nightgown,babyrattle. new out fits ,baby hat. a thing for my back. The what to expect when you are expecting book. ect..The next week we got the nursery ready. Then, later when we found out it was a girl, we added more pink to the room.We made a learning room and a playroom in the basement. We lived in Ohio then.

Now, I think I was so silly.I didn't use any of the things in my bag. In fact I lost the bag in the hopital and picked it up 2 weeks later. Just pack a couple of things. They supply almost evrything you need at the hospital. If you have a comfort item that lessons stress pack that.
    marievegan

Answer by marievegan at 3:49 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• oh yea, My chris Rice C.D.was the favorite thing I packed.(Deep Enough to dream) I played that song over and over first for me and later for our baby.I played it later when she would sleep in her swing. I have that on video tape.Come to think about it, I have evrything on video. ha
    marievegan

Answer by marievegan at 3:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2010