When he's not around....

My husband is in the military and is deployed about 1/2 the year and the other 1/2 he goes on sparatic TDY's for a couple weeks at a time. When he's gone, I just can't find the urge to get up and do anything! I don't make the bed, don't do the dishes as often, forget the laundry (except what is absolutely necessary). I just sit around all day, literally, and watch TV and play games with my DD. Why am I like this?! It drives me crazy, especially this time because we JUST bought our first house and there is still a bit of stuff to do around here, but I just CANNOT get the motivation? Any advice?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• im going through a deployment too and the house only gets cleaned like once a week
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Maybe you are depressed? I would speak to your physician.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 1:53 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Does sound like depression...not uncommon-esp considering your situation. Talk to your doc....good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• OP-Well, it's not like I'm like that ALL the time. When he is home, I keep the house spotless, dinner made every night when he gets home, etc. Is it possible to be depressed only sometimes??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Mar. 17, 2010