How do I console my friend?

This young lady is like a niece to me. She met her boyfriend when I met my husband,had her son when I had my son and we became very close. We both wanted to have baby girls one day. I hadn't talk to her in a longtime and when she did call me, I replied, you'd better be pregnant, she said, I am, we were overjoyed! Well a couple of weeks later, she lost the baby. We were all devastated. They also told her that she would never have another child. Well, that was three years ago. Nine months ago, she found out she was pregnant, what a beautiful miracle! No medical problems, everything was fine with the baby,but she was diagnosed with a liver problem, but baby was in no danger. She was to be induced tomorow, goes to the dr. yesterday to find out the umblical card is wraped around the babies neck and he is stillborn. We watched him be delivered this morning and are so devastated that he was stillborn. How on earth can we console her.

mrs2323

Asked by mrs2323 at 2:00 AM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Send her some flowers and remind her the baby is with Jesus better than here for sure!

cry with her is the only suggestion I can give you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I can't even imagine....

Just be there for her and hold her hand through this. There maybe no words....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Maybe just hugs, lots and lots of hugs and tears. Be there for her, sometimes there isnt much to say but a hug can be comforting
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:22 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• oh my god, that's so awful, i feel ..here's no words to say to this, she'll need you to be there for a very long time because she's going to cry and she's going to have so many different emotions, she may feel anger towards the world for a while, she may get so depressed that she wants to die. you're just gonna have to stand by and cry with her and hold her and help her be strong..and maybe not say anything, just pray.
    oogiesmommy

Answer by oogiesmommy at 2:24 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• op- Thank you ladies, I appreciate your response. Since this just happened yesterday, it is so very hard for me to be writing this, but I needed and appreciate all of your advice. Thanks so much.
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 2:38 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Oh good god that is awful. THere is a great site called A Glow in the Woods that has info on how to help someone through this kind of loss.....

My heart is broken for her...I cannot imagine that kind of pain.
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 9:27 AM on Mar. 17, 2010