If your on WIC...do you have the card yet or do you still get vouchers?

It's the card here. I'm in texas. It works like a debit card, sort of. You don't have to buy everything at once and there is a list on the reciept after you check out saying what you have left.

Do you have the card or vouchers? What state are you in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Mar. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I live in Cali and we still have the checks. I go home to TX when my hubby deploys to spend time with my family and I switch my WIC and I LOVE the cards! It makes things so much easier. I don't know why all states don't do that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I'm in Minnesota and we still have the vouchers.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 2:49 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Do you have to sign for the card? The vouchers are like signing a check and only the user can sign. Can you hand your card over to someone else to use?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• still checks here in Ga but the products were extended recently to include bread and fresh veggies...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:29 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• In in Florida. Like But_Mommie, they extended the checks to include bread and veggies, but it is still the paper vouchers.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 9:01 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Checks here in NY and anon@ 2:53 my husband can sign the checks too. They have proxies here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• NC - vouchers
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I am in Iowa and we still have the vouchers. They just added bread, rice, and fresh or frozen fruits and veggies to them in October of last year. Anyone who has signed the front part of the packet can redeem the checks, on ours it is me and DH. My sister in law has me and my brother on hers so I could use them if needed when she went in to have baby #2 last AUgust.
    niehoff9

Answer by niehoff9 at 10:39 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Vouchers - Maine.
    Shlamoof

Answer by Shlamoof at 11:02 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Montana is still on vouchers, and we can have up to 3 signers on our checks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Mar. 17, 2010