Is anything ever good enough?

My 11 month old daughter is pretty self dependant. She is sleeping on her own in her crib all night, she is already off the bottle and on a sippy cup, she feeds herself her snacks, as well as almost walking. I think this is all pretty normal stuff. I have some mom's that tell me I don't "BABY" my child enough. That it's not normal she sleeps all night or alone or is off the bottle. How do you win honestly? If she was a complete opposite people would say I "BABY" her too much. The thing that kills me the most is people tell me I'm rushing her to grow up? How do I control that my daughter sleeps all night seriously? Is it wrong my child is self dependant??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son has slept all night in his crib since he was 4 months old. I never had anyone say anything bad about it to me. He is still working on the sippy cup thing but starting to get it. I wish he would have been easy to transition! I wouldn't worry about what people think. You're doing great!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 3:13 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• just dont listen to those ppl, some ppl have their children in their bed for years. My son is 4 months and were trying to get him used to his crib, hes also breastfed so no need for a sippy, butI hope by a year he's in his crib everynight
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:18 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• No, there's NOTHING wrong. And no., nothing is EVER good enough. **grin** Don't worry about it. The only person whose opinion matters is the woman in your mirror.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:26 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Thanks all sorry I went ANON some people who share these opinions are friends on here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Who cares what other people think? Everyone has an opinion and are entitled to express it but that doesn't mean you have to LISTEN to it. Just let it go and do whatever you want.
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 9:09 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• They all said the same thing to me. I just ignored them. At three months, my son decided he didn't want to co-sleep anymore and has been sleeping in his own bed since then (he's two). By 11 months, he was also off the bottle using a sippy cup and able to feed himself his snacks. Generally when I hear these things, it from parents who's kids aren't doing what my son is doing and it just comes down to petty jealousy. I don't know why we have to compare babies. Next time they start it up, tell them you appreciate their opinion but you know what is best for your baby and would appreciate it if they'd keep their thoughts to themselves from now on.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 9:16 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Welcome to modern parenting- the most competitive sport there is! Here is what is important- is your life and parenting working for you and your family-are you thriving, is your child thriving, do you see joy and happiness, progress, a life of wonder and excitement? Then you are doing it right no matter what anyone else says!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:37 AM on Mar. 17, 2010