question?

i stoped breastfeeding about 3 weeks ago. My baby girl would not take to the breast at all. Pumping does not work for me i do not get anything out everytime I pump.. I still see that I have some milk in there but not much. Do u think if I start BF again that the milk would come back in? I want to BF so bad but she screams everytime i tryed it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 100% YES. The milk is still there! Get to an Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultant for help. TOSS the bottles. Pick up a supplemental nursing system for feedings (google it). This is 100 percent doable. Not too late till your breasts are physically removed.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:40 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• She might be crying because she is not getting enough. I had to stop because of that. You should talk to a laleche (sp?) specialist. There are things that they can tell you to try and get more milk to come down.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 7:13 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Absolutely, as the others have said find a specialist and they'll be able to help you. If you want to breastfeed, keeping trying. They'll have tons of ways to help you improve your supply. Good luck. :)
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 9:19 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• A supplemental nursing system helped me continue to breastfeed with my 4th son. For some reason, my milk was really late coming in and I wasn't getting much when I pumped (you never get as much from a pump as a baby gets from you), but we used the supplemental system for a few weeks and then I had enough milk in to continue breastfeeding without it.

Answer by missanc at 9:42 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• YEs yes yes yes ! Get help from LLL. Also you can visit http://www.kellymom.com/   there is a section on getting baby back to breast and also  http://www.drjacknewman.com/       You CAN do it.    With desire and dedication.  It will take work and make sure you join a breastfeeding moms group at cafemom so youcan get support.

A lot of women mistake crying for baby not geting enough.  Sometimes during a growth spurt babies get impatient.  This is normal and it happens.     I dont' know what the issue was in your case but there are many reasons that can be over come like nipple confusion or a poor latch.   You can do it!

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:42 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Yes. Personally, I think this is a great idea. The more you nurse, the more milk will be made. I agree with getting a supplemental nursing system, attending local La Leche League meetings, and consulting with an IBCLC if you can. I'm VERY interested in how this goes, so PLEASE, keep me updated. You can PM me. (if you want) I'd also like to help you in any way that I can. Ask me anything, and if I can't help, I'll direct you to someone who can. Good luck!
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 17, 2010