Meeting adoptive parents question

A perspective adoptive couple wants to meet me.However i have no money to go to them and due to a family situation they need me to come to them.They said they would pay for this meeting however i feel under the curcumctances this is not appropriate.How does this normally get handled ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 AM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Adoption

• That sounds reasonable
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:49 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I am so happy you decide to choose adoption! ABORTION is never the right answer! God Bless You, I wish you could keep your baby!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:51 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• OP HERE:TY,against abortion as i'm christian but also believe in doing what is best for the baby,not only my needs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• can you get welfare and keep the baby that baby will love you so much! Never give away a baby for finances honey there is a lot of help out there for moms like us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:57 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• get in a womens shelter or something and they will help you and get you on your feat with the baby, do not feel bad either way you are a heroic woman! I am not selfless enough to give my child up for adoption! You are a strong woman!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:59 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• That is perfectly reasonable, you are not obligated to them in any way. They are trying to help you and them by making this meeting happen. This is also a good show about their ability to provide. I say allow them to pay for you to come, but still keep an open mind and question everything you see, and hear to make sure that you make the best choice, whether it be them, an other couple of ultimately you who raise your child. Good luck.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:00 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• OP HERE: Although months went into this decision i will say as much as it is not about finances,abuse senerios but other thought out personal reasons that are in babies best interests.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:02 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I don't understand why you feel it's not appropriate? I think meeting one way or the other IS appropriate if you intend to maintain contact, and I see nothing wrong with their proposal.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:30 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• They should come to you, are some of theses PAPs kidding me!

They should be willing to go to the ends of the earth (and some do) to get a child, There is no family circumstance that should stop them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:16 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• OMG ladies, she did NOT ask our opinion on whether to adopt out or to parent!! I think that they should come to you but since that doesnt seem like a posibility, I think it is totally appropriate for them to pay your travel expenses! If you are uncomfortable with that they maybe they arent the right family for you. I adopted out my son in January (VERY positive experience BTW... some of us really do have great adoption stories) and I had some families I talked to that just didnt feel "right" and then I had the family I chose and I knew they are meant to be my son's parents from the second I talked to them. Are you not wanting them to pay because you dont want to feel some sort of obligation to them? They know that paying some expenses for you is a risk that they are taking but they are willing to do it anyways
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:53 AM on Mar. 17, 2010