For all pit bull lovers in the Inland Empire!!! (not really a question, but I need to get this out!)

***ATTTN*** ALL INLAND EMPIRE!!! YUCAIPA is Trying To BAN *ALL* PITBULLS!!! HEARING IS @ CITY HALL in YUCAIPA on 3/22.10 @ 6 PM. Please show support by showing up and have a PINK flower in hand to show support for owner responsibility rather than banning a whole breed of dogs. Let me know if you can get a group to join us. PLEASE!!! Email me, call me anything!

hiddenstrength

Asked by hiddenstrength at 4:01 AM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Pets

• Bring some DATA along with your flowers. The folks at the Rancho Cucamonga Animal shelter can provide it for you;; they've been running a campaign promoting pit bulls this year. They can give you some stats about the breeds that do most often attack.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:32 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I'm not a pit bull lover but would attend and support something like this on the principle that it's pit bulls today, but maybe a breed I love next. They haven't tried that here, but they have started charging pit bull and pit bull cross owners more on their homeowners insurance. I'm very much against stereotyping any dog as "bad" simply because of it's breed. It's sort of like being a bigot -- thinking all people act a certain way because of the color of their skin or some other physical characteristic

pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 8:23 AM on Mar. 17, 2010