21 month who wakes at the same time every night and cries for hours!!

I have tried everything..I am all out of ideas! My daughter has been waking up between 1 & 2am for awhile now. She is wide awake and will just cry in her crib. I will go in there check her diaper, make sure shes not too hot or cold sometimes give her a cup if shes thirsty put her seahorse on that plays music and put her back to bed. Within minutes she is up crying and this will continue for up to 4 hours a night! I am 8 months pregnant and needless to say very tired from the lack of sleep. I am starting to worry that once the baby comes her screaming and crying will wake the new baby! I have tried shorter naps during the day, making sure she gets outside to burn off energy and nothing is helping! My husband is getting to the point where he wants to bring her in our room and has done so a few times. I am against this as I know she now expects it. So I am the one who lets her cry it out...guess I'm the bad guy

MommytoBe987

Asked by MommytoBe987 at 4:36 AM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Welcome to this wonderful phase. My DD went through this 2 months ago, it lasted a little over a month. I had to stop going in and checking on her at all. If she kept it up I would firmly tell her to go back to bed, not make it a nice experience. It passes. Just have patients and be consistent.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:16 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Maybe she's thirsty, or had a bad dream, or going through a growth spurt. How long does she eat before bed? Eating sooner than 2 hrs before bed can cause an upset tummy sometimes. sorry that's all I've got.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Mar. 17, 2010