how long before having sex

How long after giving birth did you go back to having sex?

My boyfriend is a hornball! i swear everyday he is trying to have sex or talking about having it

our daughter is 4 months and my body still isn't back to being 100% and majority of the time after taking care of her all day i just want to relax when she finally is asleep

on top of that i got the IUD so the bleeding or spotting has been just about everyday since i had her

is it wrong that i feel like he is being selfish?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 AM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well 1st of all you are not being selfish! u r just being extracareful!!! and I think u r a little scared...
    I know that you can have sex about 3 weeks after giving birth even do Dr's dont agree and they want u to way at least 30 days but everything is depending on ur mind and body.
    Now I assumed that you got ur IUD when you went to ur GYN right after the 30 days after giving birth. So bleeding n spoting is normal trhu the first 6 months after having the IUD "IN" Im sure ur GYN told you that u can have sex the same day u got the IUD in if you want it to.
    So dont be afraid on having sex with ur hubby!
    but I understand u a lot!!! I was kinda the same way when I give birth for the first time 2 years ago but I wasnt really scared of having sex with my hubby my real reason was that I gain some extra weigth that I had trouble loosing n I was embarresed of my body so I was making up excuses to NOT have sex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:53 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• My hubby is a horn dog also and we waited 6 weeks but that is because I had c-sections with 3 of the 4. If you are not hurting than you should be ok. Don't worry about how you look. You have to ralize that you are what he wants and he will like you no matter.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 7:09 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• It is different once you have kids...It is hard to switch from being a "mom" to feeling sexy. But....try not to think your body has to be perfect! If your baby is 4 months old already, it is not unrealistic for him to think that sex would be a good idea. I wouldn't call him selfish anymore than I would call you selfish....but I would suggest you try to overcome your resistance because sex could be good for each of you and your relationship!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 7:39 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• With my c section we waited for six weeks. With my v back we waited for three weeks, but should have waited longer since I tore and still had stitches. Once the stitches were out I was good to go.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 7:40 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• How long after giving birth did you go back to having sex?     My first-4 months. My second-(which was a c section) about 2 months or so.

My boyfriend is a hornball! i swear everyday he is trying to have sex or talking about having it     Yeah, most men are like that.

Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:21 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• our daughter is 4 months and my body still isn't back to being 100% and majority of the time after taking care of her all day i just want to relax when she finally is asleep     He needs to understand that while some women are up to having sex early, MANY others are just not.

on top of that i got the IUD so the bleeding or spotting has been just about everyday since i had her     Well, the spotting wouldn't stop me, but to each their own.

is it wrong that i feel like he is being selfish?     He IS being selfish, but it's to be expected. Men don't REALLY understand what it's like carrying, delivering and caring for a baby. And that once you're in bed, you'd rather sleep.

Krysta622

•  

I might suggest giving it a try.  Tell him that you're willing to give it a go, but he's got to take it slow and easy, and if it's uncomfortable or painful, he has to stop.  You might find that you enjoy it more then you think you will.  But don't let him or anyone pressure you.

Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• i had a c-sec. had sex 3weeks after. just be careful first few times on the being roouff part.
    Anonymous