How can I get MORE Sleep?

I'm was recently diagnoce with Insomnia and Jerky Legs while sleeping by my Dr.
I tryed what she recommend.
Trying to excersice more to get tired.
Taking a Bubble Bath 1 hr before I try to go sleep.
Clear off my mind while im in bed and try not to think about stuff.
listed to spa/ yoga music.
tryed Meditation and hypnosis to try to sleep but so far nothing had help.
I get 1 hr or 2 of sleep a day n that's forcing my self to sleep. I can go without sleep for days with out feeling sleepy just tired but I guess not enogh to go to sleep. I get cranky, and am mad most of the time. I get so much swing moods thru the day and the worse part is that I dont even note them until my hubby says something to me.
Im 22 and my Doc doesnt want to give me any Medication yet until she feel like I really needthem.
I have a 2 yr old little girl and am afraid that I dont spend as much time with her as I want to. Any recomendations?

Marcy87

Asked by Marcy87 at 6:17 AM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Health

• I would keep trying what the doctor has told you to do....and whatever you have found that helps you to relax and sleep. This is serious.....you can not really be yourself with that little sleep.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 7:33 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I would keep trying the suggestions she gave you. HOWEVER, if you feel that meds are an absolute necessity, then you need to take charge and tell her that. If she won't do what you need, then find another dr. Personally, I try to leave meds as a last resort. But if I reach a point where I feel they're needed, and the dr won't work with me, then I find another dr. You can also try some herbal remedies. I can't remember what it is, but I know there's an herb or two that can help make you feel sleepy and such. They might be worth a shot. I hope you get it figured out soon.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:18 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• take 2 benedryl about 1/2 hr before bed.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:51 AM on Mar. 17, 2010