What are you doing on earth for Heaven's sake?

Do we have to become perfect thinking mentally? I know our bodies are sinful there is nothing we can do to change that. But do we have to be mentally ready for heaven? Perfect in thought and motives? I was reading some more and read that the only was God changes us in the twinkling of an eye is our bodies that we have to be mentally ready and changed to get into heaven. Is this biblical?

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 6:25 AM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• how, again, are our bodies sinful?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:11 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• they are mortal, they are perishable, imperfect. God will give us perfect bodies in the end.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 7:19 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Human beings can not aspire to perfection.....not possible. I think it is good to try to think clearly, morally, ethically and in accordance with your deeply held beliefs (no matter what your beliefs are).
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 7:31 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Our minds must be unwaveringly set on Christ. I believe that we will someday have to arrive at a point that we would rather die than sin against Him if we are to see Heaven. This will only come as result of "fiery" trial, testing, and tribulations. The dross must be burned away. That said, it is impossible for us to do this on our own. We need the power of the Holy Spirit to run the race of faith with patience (Hebrews 12:1). Jesus is the "Author and the Finisher of our faith"(Hebrews 12:2), and "He which began a good work in us is faithful to complete it until the day of Jesus Christ:"(Philippians 1:6). If we continue to grow in our faith, we will attain perfection in our faith. Only the overcomers will receive a crown. (Matthew 24:13;Galatians 6:9; Revelation 2:7,10,11) This is biblical.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:53 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Um well imperfection doesn't mean sinfull, I couldn't believe that for a second. And what do I do on earth?? I'm raising wonderful children, i'm being a good wife to my husband. I'm a good friend. I"m compassionate,
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:51 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I think god gave us a mind to use and decide what we want and how to live our own lives.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• so how does one live for christ to be acceptable to salvation?
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 9:46 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• rhanford, I think it's just trying to follow God's words and following Jesus' footsteps closely. Trying to keep God in your life, including Him in everything you do and thanking Him for taking good care of us. Then, although it's up to Him, is when I think we'll have a chance at everlasting life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• By being open and totally surrendered to God's will. Being obedient and surrendered is the only way we'll make it.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 11:02 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Our minds need to be renewed to have the mind of Christ but thats not what gets us into Heaven. It is where the heart is at.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 17, 2010