God grows up

Ok so we all know the story, baby Jesus is born and grows up to spread the gospel teach us how to live and bring us the new covenant along with being our sacrifice. Did he really start out not knowing who he was?

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 6:27 AM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well it says in the Bible that at age 12 when his parents found him in the temple that he said did you not know I would be in my fathers house. I would have to say that he knew early but I am not sure at what point he knew. I would say that it is hard to see a baby and think that they could have a realization that they would know all but then again we are talking about a son of God.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 6:57 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• As an infant, I imagine he had the apparent consciousness of an infant....but I think it was clear to him as he grew up. Who knows if he had the conscious awareness before he was ever told, but I can only imagine that his mother would have raised him with the knowledge.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 7:30 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Speculation time:

Wouldn't the circumstances of his birth have been pretty big gossip? Wasn't there speculation that she hadn't been faithful to Joseph and was not chosen by God but in fact just a 'tramp'?? I would imagine those taunts would have eventually been heard by the young Jesus and his Mother & Joseph would have explained the 'miracle' of his conception to him??

Again, just speculation.
    Anonymous

• Did he really start out not knowing who he was? NO. HE KNEW. HIS PARENTS TOLD HIM THE TRUTH RIGHT FROM THE START. THAT'S WHY HE PRESENTED HIMSELF FOR BAPTISM WHEN HE DID AND SO ON. BUT HE DIDN'T BECOME AWARE OF HIS PRE-HUMAN LIFE UNTIL AFTER HIS BAPTISM AND BECOMING ANOINTED WITH HOLY SPIRIT.

[JWmama]
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:15 AM on Mar. 18, 2010