2010 Census - Multiracials and Biracials

I saw a post yesterday where someone was asking how moms that are biracial or multiracial or moms who have children that are biracial or multiracial going to fill out the 2010 Census. Will you check all that apply such as white, black, hispanic ect... or will you check where it says "Some other race - Print race." and write in biracial or multiracial? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I checked black and white on my form. I wish though that they would have taken Negro off and added a mutiracial box on the form.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 2:29 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Legally, the only question you have to answer is the first one. You have to tell the government how many people are living in your home, that's it.

I'm looking at my own census at the moment and under race it says "Check one or more boxes", so if your child is biracial or multiracial, I'm assuming that you can just check the different boxes for each portion of your child's racial heritage.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 10:06 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• If I check all the boxes will that make me "human" or "American"? That's what I am.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I only checked how many people live in our home. The other question we did not answer. Not even our phone number.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:05 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I'm not biracial but I marked "other" and wrote in "American."

I'm tired of Americans being devided up in every way possible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Mar. 17, 2010