Are your children required to go to church?

Even if they are adamant about the fact that they do not want to?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 8:40 AM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• no because i don't go
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• No they drag us.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 8:45 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Nope
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:46 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• My husband forces my kids to attend even if the beg and cry not to go. I think it's more his fear of the congregation looking down on him if they don't go that worries him more than the fate of their little 'souls'.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:48 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I was curious, especially of parents w/ older children, where they stood on the topic. After reading a mum say that she was responsible to keep her son close to god, and that meant forcing him to go to church...
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:49 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• my girls make ME go to church. lol. they get upset if i tell them we aren't going (if we're sick or something.) they don't get to go when they're at their dad's house, though.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 8:50 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I wouldn't FORCE my children to go to Church, I believe that if you have to force a child into a church and they are kicking and screaming, then it's time to find a new church.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:53 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• My husband and I are the parents of 3 grown children, all of whom lived at home until they had finished their undergraduate college degrees or longer. We all went to church every Sunday morning, every Sunday night, and every Wednesday night. We did not make them go; we did not have to make them go. When they were little, it was our habit to go to worship the Lord our God. When they were each in early elementary school, they accepted Jesus Christ as their own salvation. That event in their lives was unprompted and was done without any pressure from us or from anyone else. It was their choice. When they left home, the first thing they each did was find a church where they could worship our God with folks who believed similarly. Today, they are all married with families, and it is my distinct honor and pleasure to sit 3 times a week in the same church with all of them, worshipping together. What a blessing that is!!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:59 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I see what you"re saying. So let me expand.yes the little ones like to go. So we don't force them. Here's what our Sunday is like. The littles wake me up so I can take them To Religious Ed. Before I get back home. Our 22 yo, Stops by to wake his Dad, And the 15 yo is up getting ready, Saying "come on hurry up I have to alter serve I can't be late. " We don't force him he volunteers to serve. Then about once A month Daughter can go with us to our Church instead of hers, so we also have her and Grandson. Most Sundays we don't want to go because Saturday is date night and we stay up too. In the end we're very happy the kids "force" us.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 9:05 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Only on the first Friday of every month once he starts kindergarten because his school will take him.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:26 AM on Mar. 17, 2010