Yeast infection? Or something more serious...

Around Weds. of last week I started to get some symptoms of a yeast infection, it was just the irritation and occasional itching at first and then I started to see the white discharge, it wasn't as bad as I've had it before, thought I was lucky this time, and thought nothing of it. I finally went to get some meds from the store yesterday but when I went to apply it I wiped and I had some gooey light green discharge. Ok, so I'm freaking out now. I went back to check and it was never green again but isn't that a sign of something worse? I looked it up and they said it can be a sign of HPV which I have but my cervix was normal my last testing which was in October. There was no odor btw. So I have no idea whats going on. HELP! Should I go to the doctor? (I'm 17 wks pregnant btw)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Health

• This is the OP: I wanted to respond because yes seeing the green discharge really scared me and everything I found on the Internet, including responses to this question, said I had bacterial vaginosis or an STD. I went to the doctor. She immediately noticed I had a yeast infection like I suspected in the beginning. She also took some extra samples and sent them to the lab. Results: everything is fine! So do not panick if you do have some SIMILAR symptoms of something worse b/c that's not always the case.
    Anonymous

• No matter what anyone says, it could be the opposite. Of course it's probably just a yeast infection but especially because you're pregnant it's important for you to see a doctor.

Call your ob and make an appointment being sure to say the exact reason why so you're seen fast for your comfort.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Yes go to the doctor I had the same thing when I was pregnant and they told me it was trichmoas (I don't think I spelled it right) but it is an STD. I hope it's not but I had the same color discharge and when I told the doctor ran some test and that's what it was.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:57 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• You need to go to the dr. Green discharge isn't good and I doubt it's yeast. Yeast infections produce a white, cottage cheese like discharge, not green.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:17 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• But see I was, still am having the white cottage cheese discharge. The green stuff was a surprise last night.
    Anyway I made an appt and will get it taken care of today.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Mar. 17, 2010