So you still check on your kids at night?

My boys are 4 and 6 years old. They have an 8 pm bedtime, although they don't usually fall asleep until 9, sometimes 10. I go to be bed around midnight, and I always go in their room to check on them. Mostly because I like to make sure they are asleep, and tucked in, covered up, and so forth.

How old are your kids, and do you still check in on them at night?

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 9:58 AM on Mar. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• My almost 6 and 3 year olds share a room, they go to bed at 8 too and I ALWAYS check on them before I go to bed myself. There's almost always someone with a sock off, passed out in the floor or missing a blanket or stuffed animal lol. My 1-year-old's crib is still in our room and I always make sure he's comfy, warm and breathing before bed too. I don't know when it will stop....I can't sleep until I've seen them all peacefully asleep themselves.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 10:01 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• 2, 7, & 8. I always check on them as I'm heading to bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• my dd is 21 months old, and when she sleeps through the night i check on her 2-3 times a night, to make sure she's covered up..my mom says it never stops..for that matter, my dad says it too..lol they still checked on us at 16 and 18 years old.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 10:06 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• my dd is 4 and i always check on her. I always seem to cover her up lol
    gfam6

Answer by gfam6 at 10:06 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• My little one is 9, will be 10 on March 31st. I still tuck him in every single night!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:14 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• My kids are 8, 2, and 10 months. No I don't check on them. Any time I do the door opening wakes them up. Then I end up being up even later. It's not worth it to me. The point of checking on them is to make sure they are asleep.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:14 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Mine is 4, almost 5, and I still check on her at night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I wish I could but I can't because opening her door and/or walking in would wake her. When she was younger I kept the baby monitor in her crib (but outside the crib tent so she couldn't get to it) so I could hear her breathing. I still wish I could check on her without waking her though. I'd probably sleep better.

Oh, and she's 22 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• i cant. no matter how quiet i am my DD (21 mo) always wakes up 2 seconds after i close the door! i dunno if she smells me or what but she always knows. i just try to listen thru the door.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:28 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Mine is almost 3 and I check on him every night before I go to bed.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:32 AM on Mar. 17, 2010