Happy St.Patricks Day everyone! :) Anyone else making corned beef and cabbage today?

Just wanted to tell everyone Happy St. Patricks Day! Hope everyone has a good one!
I'm doing my corned beef and cabbage in a crockpot this year!
How are you making yours? Whats your recipe?
:)
p.s. hope everyone finds a pot of gold today!

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 10:32 AM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, corn beef, ummm ummm good.

I will just boil it with the package, no one in my house would eat cabbage, so we will have rice and beans with it... UMMM UMMM GOOD>..
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:51 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• No im making bread pudding. When I was little my mom made me choke down a whole plate of cabbage it was so sickening she ruined me lol. Happy St. pattys!!!!!!!!!!
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:35 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• not this year (thank God!). usually DH makes it but he had to work today and im not gonna make that stinky crap (i dont like it can you tell haha). so we will be having bangers and mash instead!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:38 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• lol..that sucks. I didn't like cabbage when I was a kid either. Actually I didnt even EAT cabbage until my Irish man and I got together. I used to hate corned beef (or at least I thought I did,lol) until he showed me how to make it and the taste just kinda wore on me, I guess. I'm not allowed to pass up a St.Patricks Day without making corned Beef and cabbage! lol
    Bread Pudding sounds good too! I've never made it but I found a really good recipe I'd like to try out soon!
    Have fun and Enjoy! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:39 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• We had soda bread for breakfast and I've got a pot of "corned beef" going for dinner. My hubby cannot stand the texture of brisket though so I threw a London Broil on top of my veggies this year lol! I just tossed it all in the crock, my son's got wrestling practice tonight so not a lot of spare time for cooking today. Happy St. Paddy's!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 10:43 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Nope, It's not my night to cook. Hee Hee.
    Cliftonswife

Answer by Cliftonswife at 11:14 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Yep, my mother in law's recipe for corned beef and cabbage. I dont like cabbage either though so I wont be eating it, just everything else!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:38 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• We are! I love corn beef and cabbage but I'm the only one in the family that likes cabbage so I'm also making having potatos. We just boil everything with some seasoning and it is really good.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 11:41 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• We usually make ours in the slow cooker, too. But, alas, we forgot to pick up some corned beef. Which is okay with me since I don't like corned beef and cabbage. The only ones that eat it are my dad, husband and my son (at least the meat).
    Not sure what I'm making for dinner tonight. Maybe we'll just do sandwiches. Or maybe I'll grill up some hotdogs since it's supposed to be nice today (according to my weather thing it's almost 60F already and it's only 11am--I should go check, lol).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:01 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• No- I'm a non-meat eater, but my 100% Irish husband did have it at a local pub here in Chicago last weekend.
    I also bought one for my college aged kids who live in CA- wonder if they'll be having it today??
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:06 PM on Mar. 17, 2010