Who has relative living with them?

Due to the economy, my parents who are both able-bodied people, have moved in with us. It has been a real struggle for all of us to live together in my small house while I attempt to homeschool my daughter. My question is, is there anyone else out there stuggling with relatives living with them because of financial difficulties?

Cookie_baker

Asked by Cookie_baker at 10:55 AM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• When I went thru my divorce I moved home with my parents and it was really hard! I was so grateful for a place to stay but it is very difficult for 2 women in th ekitchen and we get along really well. I would load the dishwasher and my mom would stand there rearranging it, I would work all day do dinner, bedtime thenget on the phone with girlfriends and talk about divorce of whatever and my mom would tell me to get off the phone so i could get to bed or whatever. Drove me NUTZ!!! we had to finally just lay down some guidelines. My space, their space. who did what chores and a time line for them so we all knew what to expect. we treated eachother with respect but I know it was hard for all of us.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:58 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• My father in law lives with us, mostly because he broke his hip and had it replaced about a year ago now and he doesn't get around very well, so it's not safe for him to live alone.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 11:10 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Not at the moment, but I might have my SIL with her kid here soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• My sister is living with me. She just moved from TN. There is no one hiring where she is. Fortunately, they are where im at. My MIL just moved her brother down from Alaska. He was laid off and couldn't afford to live there. He now lives down here with her and has a job.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 17, 2010