Why are people so against sending back the Census?

I don't get it..Its a 3 min little fill in the box paper..YOU don't even have to buy a STAMP lol

ryanlynn

Asked by ryanlynn at 11:06 AM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• *shrug* Actually, it can take less time than that, considering you only really have to answer the first question.

I got mine yesterday, just haven't bothered even opening it yet.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 11:07 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• What I don't get is why it's against the law to NOT send it back. There was some sort of warning on the outside of my census. I have a huge problem with forgetting to mail things and then eventually losing my outgoing mail and not finding it for several months......so..... I think I prefer when they go door-to-door!!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:09 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Wow, I feel like such a dolt. I filled mine out completely, even though I didn't want to.. :/ Next time I'll just answer the first question...or none at all!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Some people are afraid to for religous reasons or something--I remember when I was a kid, my grandparents got one and said they didn't have to fill it out because they were old!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I like the census, if it wasnt for us participating in it the gov't wouldnt have the needed info to get their statistics right and in turn would cause us to not get the needed funding for the amount of people here...
    allfiller08

Answer by allfiller08 at 11:12 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I filled mine out. The only problem is how much paper they waste, and money. I mean they sent out a letter that says "you will be getting the census soon its important". Why did they send me that?? I already know what it does. It was a complete waste of money and paper.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:13 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• They send out the letter so that it might cause the idiots that would throw it out to fill it out. I fill mine out. I don't care what they ask. Even if they wanted to know how many times a year I have sex. It's not like someone from the census will use it against me. Geez. I wish everyone would stop being so damn paranoid and fill it out. Fill it out and send it in. It helps with funding for schools and other things. Like stop lights and hiring of teachers.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:18 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Who knows. I'm sending in my census form. I forgot it in the mail box yeasterday.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:19 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• i wish i understood more.. My mom got hers & is griping because she doesnt want them to know how much money she makes "this is for them to know how many people are in our town, not how much money I make..."
    I mean could they use a census to raise taxes? Or what!?!?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• yesterday***
    Fallaya