Does the bible say anything about biracial relationships?

Does the bible say anything about marrying out of your race?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Found this on Yahoo answers: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090523140057AA4GSr1
    In the matter of samson , in the part of the bible its says "YOU SHOULD NOT DATE OUTSIDE YOUR PEOPLE",
    God was not referencing race but the culture and tradition, the religion or idolatry. Samson was a Hebrew who took up with a idolater , a woman of another . In 2Co 6:14 its states "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers", this has nothing to do with race. The yolk is defined as ones soul not race . Not "being unequally yolked" means not to marry with an unbeliever of God, or marry someone who is in opposite of your religion/beliefs or goals. God created ALL his people ( ALL HUMAN BEINGS / HOMO SAPIENS ) as equal and we are all children of god if we are believers which defines we are of the same yolk but what separates us from one another is our religion and beliefs. God commanded Israelites not to marry Philistines,
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:23 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I married out of my race. I'm spanish and my husband is white. I doubt God is upset about that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• not because they were of different race but because they worship false gods.

Also , you can find a number of interracial relationships in the bible, including moses :)

Besides that excerpt from the bible was a reference to Jews marrying outside Judaism.

kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:24 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• It speaks against marrying outside of one's faith. We are all of one blood, all equally precious to God.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 11:24 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• There's always limitations in the bible about everything. Humans were created with brains and different colors of skin for a reason as a test to determine if compassion has been practiced well to earn entrance into heaven.

Personally I'd be more concerned about dealing with mom and pop about a potential race issue than god.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:31 AM on Mar. 17, 2010