How do you discipline a 16 month old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am a firm believer in spankings and time out. My son is 14 months old and spankings work but when they don't time out does.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I'm not one of those crazy no discipline moms but I don't think they get the concept of discipline yet. I think that it's better to do your best to redirect and ignore bad behavior until they can get the idea a little better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Even a child as young as 6 months can understand and learn discipline. Don't underestimate children. They are capable of far more than most are given crefit for. It is never too early to start curbing bad behaviors. Not always with time outs or spankings.....get on their level and talk to them directly. Tell them no and that behavior is unacceptable. They will learn.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:05 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I have a 19 month old who gets time-outs in his crib when he hits or pulls hair. He's not in there very long, and he usually stops the behavior that got him in time-out.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:00 AM on Mar. 19, 2010