why is my 9 month old sleeping so long?

for the past few nights she has slept from 7 pm til almost noon the next day. is there something wrong with her?

francislmh

Asked by francislmh at 11:28 AM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Likely a growth spurt. It shouldn't last more than a couple of days. She is likely waking at intervals and choosing to go back to sleep. Change diaper, offer food if she wakes otherwise let her sleep. Just watch for illness and if she's banged her head hard in the last twenty four hours then I'd be worried.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:22 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Could be sick or coming down with something, or just in a growth spurt. Some babies just like to sleep too.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 11:30 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• She is probably going through a growth spurt, if you see nothing else that concerns you I wouldn't worry. : )
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• In my opinion you may want to give your pediatrician a call...the above posters are right - it's probably a growth spurt but that really is a long time to be sleeping...I think it's worth a call.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 17, 2010