breastfeeding in bed??

I am wondering if there is a proper technique for feeding my baby in bed. Do i lay on my side and let her eat while she is on her back with her head turned? or is there another way? Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just laid on my side and let my little one form around me and eat. That was the easiest most comfortable way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I lay on my side, we are both comfortable that way,and we get to rest.
    cano

Answer by cano at 11:48 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I would lay her on her side facing the breast. Having her on her back with her head turned is probably not a comfortable way to drink. For example try turning your head to the side and swallowing. Now imagine drinking an entire large sup that way. It will be much easier on both of you to both be on your sides face to breast. That was my favorite way to feed at night!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:51 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I just wanted to add this link. It has pictures of the different positions including the 'side lying'

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:57 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I'd generally do both of us lying on our side, facing each other. But, do whatever is most comfortable for you guys.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• When she was newborn we were bith side to side. Once she got bigger and had good head control she preferred to be on her back with her head turned half the time. Now it depends on her mood whether she wants to be side side, or wants to play with her feet as she eats on her back.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:19 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I just lay on my side and my daughter does the same. How old is your baby? I didn't try this with mine until she was a couple of month old so it may be more tricky with a real small baby, but maybe not...give it a try - you'll probably find a good way that's comfortable for both of you. I prefer to nurse this way if possible because it seems the most natural to me. Good luck!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:33 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I've nurse 3 babies and could never figure out how to nurse on my side, it's not comfortable at all, the angle isn't right and I can't support myself so I'm either going to fall forward onto the baby or fall onto my back so the baby can't nurse. I nurse in bed sitting up with a big supportive pilllow behind me and a Boppy on my lap.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:18 PM on Mar. 17, 2010