How many women really love their mothers?

I have a 1 year old daughter and I often wonder whether we'll get along when she grows up. I know so many women who hate their mothers or just consider them to be an annoyance. Men, on the other hand, seem to love their mothers no matter what! Do you know any women who are really close to their mothers? Are you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm not, but mine is a loser. She left when I was very small, which I never cared about until she tried coming back into my life full force when I was 18. She's an alcoholic and an enabler. Not much of a mother...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I am -I adore her - she does drive me crazy though...........
    I wonder the same thing about my baby girl :)
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 11:44 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• No. Every woman that I know loves their mother but finds her to be annoying. I know it doesn't give us much hope but I say try to be a different kind of parent. Be someone she can respect and look up to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I love my Mom but most of the time I don't like her ..We have a lot of the same personality traits so we clash about a lot of things cause neither one of us will take any crap from anyone. I try to be mindful of our relationship while I'm raising my girls and I try to do things differently. I know what you mean about men, my hubby's mom did some horrible things to him growing up and he still loves her to death and always makes excuses for her behavior.

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 11:46 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• No I'm not because of her insane control addiction and also separately her intense need for socialization for herself leaving little time for her grandchildren, whom she then felt compelled to demand control of. Because of that she's chosen to miss out on exciting times in her grandchildren's lives and mine too.

I've been blessed with two daughters who are not much older. I brought them up to understand that if they make a decision that they call adult, then the consequences both good and also bad that happen from those decisions must be dealt with by them, sometimes longterm. Thanks to moma my girls know they are appreciated as humans with feelings and brains not only for being my female children. My son also quite grown is equally close to me as his father and his wife's mother. Our family has never played favorite, again thanks to moma.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I love my mom. I turn to her for a lot of advice. But my hubby on the other hand is highly annoyed by his mother.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• correction...anony 1047 again- My daughters that I've been blessed with are quite a bit bit older, grown, as is my son -----------
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Of course I love my mom..she does drive me insane at times though! lol. I think about that a lot with my 13 month old daughter too. I hope we are close as she gets older! Hope I don't end up driving her batty! lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:53 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I LOVE MY MOTHER VERY MUCH
    lippss55

Answer by lippss55 at 11:55 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I wouldn't make it through a day without talking to my mother!!! I love her very much. Of course she annoys me sometimes, and I know I annoy her at times - but we are very close and we have a lot of love (more love than annoyances!).

I believe that there is a truly special bond between mother and daughter.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:55 AM on Mar. 17, 2010