Putting it bluntly, If you're fat do you wear shorts, skirts, or otherwise "revealing" clothing?

I'm fat. I admit it and I hate it. Because of my weight, I don't wear tight jeans. I don't wear tank tops, spaghetti straps or otherwise "sexy" shirts. I don't wear shorts...at all. Even in 110' weather. I'd rather be sweating and hot than wear shorts and show off my legs. So, if you're very heavy, do you still dress sexy or do you keep it covered.

I also want to say I'm not trying to be offensive when I say fat. I say that because many overweight women don't actually look overweight.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Ok, just because someone is over weight does not mean you should not wear shorts.

I just this year 38 became comfortable in my own skin.
    I am in a size 16 and yes, I will wear short, respectable ones, not short shorts, save that for the young ladies.
    When you are over weight it is better to wear thick straps, summer shirts, no speghetti, it just does not look right.

I wear fitting jeans, but nothing too revealing.

I am a little over weight but regardless, if I want to dress sexy I do it in a sleek way. No need to show too much skin, sexy can be beautiful, not skanky....
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I think I am fat, people may think I am average, but I've had 3 babies, and cellulite on my legs and rolls on my stomach, I do not wear shorts & I live in AZ, in the middle of the freaking desert! I do however wear bermuda shorts, I don't wear any spaghetti straps unless I wear them under a shirt, just not comfortable, I also do no wear shirts that are tight on my body, I try to stay with the style and wear loose summer blouses but nothing sleeve less. I truly wish I was more comfortable with my body, I had a baby 8 months ago and was actually lost about 22 pounds but have managed to put on at least 8-9 pounds back from what I lost and its definately noticiable.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• i am fat. very fat. but i still wear shorts/skirts. in the middle of winter when theres 2 feet of snow im still wearing shorts, so in the summer, there is no way in hell i could wear pants. i mean, i have to at work..but..at home or out in public nooooooo way!!!! the clothes i wear cover my body, where need be. but i will not suffer from heat. i get headaches from that.
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I consider myself overweight but not "fat" but who knows, other people that look at me may think I am fat. Anyway, I won't wear shorts, not even bermuda shorts but I will wear a knee length skirt or pencil skirt and capris. I only wear tank tops usually with wide straps, I only wear spaghetti straps under a low cut shirt or something. I guess when you are overweight for one, you don't want to be made fun of if you dress and show too much, and two, you don't wanna wear stuff that makes you look even bigger than you are. It's tough trying to find a happy medium.
    vikaroo18

Answer by vikaroo18 at 4:36 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I have lost 400 pounds and I wear shorts to work out and to ride my bike.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:53 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I am losing weight but not enough yet to wear shorts. I have a pool in my yard or I wouldn't put on a swimsuit either.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 7:54 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• o lord girl how do you wear pants in the summer? i used to be really fat and i would wear tank tops and shorts in the summer bc well i guess i didn't want to have a heat stroke lmao. but anyway, there is a definite difference between wearing shorts in the summer that are normal and regular (like slightly above the knee) and wearing daisy dukes...... you can still look nice and dress appropriately for the weather without looking like a skank.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I am fat, and getting old but I still wear shorts (not short ones) and dresses right at my kneees. Spaghetti straps no but thinker strap ones yes I need to cover my bra straps they are wider and intentionally showing them is just gross!! If ya got it flaunt it he he he
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 10:50 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• pinkdragon36- That's awesome!! You go girl!!

I am a size 16 & keep it covered. Most people say I should show off my body more, but I've never had any self confidence to do so. So I wear jeans/ long pants year round, MAYBE capris in the summer. I do not wear spaghetti straps (except around the house), and very rarely tank tops. Mainly I just wear short sleeve tees.
    I also live in a hot climate (central TX), but I am used to it, so it doesn't really bother me : )
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 1:22 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

• I don't go out in public looking sexy. I wear long pants, capris or even long skirts. I don't wear anything that shows off my arms but in my home I dress like a hoochie for my SO!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:45 AM on Mar. 19, 2010