BLOATING during period? So much for will power on my diet!

I lost 8lbs my first week & a half after consistently working out & counting calories while eating Nutrisystem. Then a couple days ago I weighed myself & I had gained 2lbs out of nowhere when I was expecting to be like 1-2 pounds less! Instead of saying "screw it" I have stuck to my diet & am still working out about 4 days a week & staying active. I started spotting yesterday & have full on started my period today about four days early.

Weighed myself this morning...GAINED 2lbs after what I had already gained before! I drink about 8 glasses of water a day & have taken Midol the past 2 days so now I'm worrying that maybe I was just lucky losing the weight I did at first?

QUESTIONS...When do you guys start gaining weight around that time of the month? How much do you gain? When do you lose it?

ours

Asked by ours at 12:46 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• yep, i gained 2 lbs last month even though i INCREASED my work out and decreased calories.. i couldnt lose it. your weight will drop after you are done. Keep working through it!
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 12:51 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Keep up your water intake and a few days into your period, towards the end your body will start to void the excess fluids. Then DONT weigh yourself just before you period next month!! That's what I found to work for me! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:51 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Ohhh and worry about loosing inches, not pounds... mucles weighs more then fat... so if you are dropping inches you are all set!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:52 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I wish all I gained was 2lbs! I swear if I give in & weigh myself again...I might scream if it's any higher lol. I think just to make myself feel better I'm doing more cardio at the gym haha. I've been thinking about increasing it anyway. I'm finally able to do 20mins without feeling like death afterwards, so I might try for 30mins.

I'm too lazy to measure everything, much easier to weigh myself even though I know I'm gaining muscle. I'll just keep it in mind that part of the weight might be muscle. Thanks girls.
    ours

Answer by ours at 12:58 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I go up by a few pounds.

which totally sucks!

but as soon as period is done, weight goes back down.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:59 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Ya but will it go back down to what I was or go back down to what it should be for how I've been dieting & working out?

After I lost my 8lbs I was 150, weighed myself expecting to be 148-149, instead I was 152 then weighed again, 154. Technically by the time I'm done with my period I SHOULD have been around 145-146. I'm guna be sad if all of this work was to just maintain my 150lbs because of my period. :[ I was really looking forward to getting in the 140's again.
    ours

Answer by ours at 1:05 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I go up about a couple of pounds but it goes away afterwards. Do you like nutrisystem's food?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:18 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Ya I think it's really good.
    ours

Answer by ours at 12:13 PM on Mar. 22, 2010