my son has his fathers last name, but it wouldn't let me book the flight for me and him, so i changed his last name to mine....

i was trying to book a flight for me and my son to florida for vacation. and it wouldn't let me do it because his last name is different than mine. so i changed his last name to mine to see if that was the problem, and it worked. now im kind of worried that this is gonna be a problem when it comes time to check in at the airport. what should i do? anyone ever been through this????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Travel

• if he has an ID tho he would have to use the name on the ID if he is younger than 15 they shouldn't really ask, Dh says tho if the TSA agent feels like being a jerk he could ask for ID even on a newborn.
    DH works for the Airport here in Philly
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:56 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Call a travel agent or the airline and ask
    Anonymous

• They don't ask to see a birth certificate when you are getting on a plane. My sister took my son on a plane when he was 1 year old. He has his father's mother's maiden name so no one has that last name but him.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 12:59 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Can't see why it would have been a problem. I am remarried and my older kids have their dad's last name and I have flown with them many times and never had a problem booking tickets for them. It could be a problem getting him on the plane with his ID not matching his ticketed name.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:01 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I agree with riotqrri. on that one. gl.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:16 AM on Mar. 18, 2010