Don't you think Ideally mothers should be honored and allowed to stay home with their kids?

And be loaned money to do so, so that more children would end up being more productive members of society? like a Mommyhood loan? with fixed sums by the month? It wouldn't have to be much. But I would sign up for wage garnishings in a second to buy the feeling of providing for my family AND still being there for them too. Know what I'm saying? Why is the American life so bad for the human body in general??? I'm not about to put my children in the care of strangers, but am feeling the financial strain. I can't believe after all these years society hasn't adjusted to cope with everyday rights (Yes, I view it as an animal RIGHT to be with the child that you birthed. I mean you BIRTHED them, that should tell you something. And yes, I think people are animals too) as a human. There are so many ways where to be viewed as an upstanding citizen you must go against how your body works.

Destiny13

Asked by Destiny13 at 1:09 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• No-choosing to have a baby is a choice you make based on your ideal situation. If you want to be a SAHM and can't do so then wait a little longer or work a little harder until you can. Beside not every mother wants to stay home full time. I enjoy my part time job. That's just me.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:14 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• No. Not that I don't that this is a good idea I just think there are too many crappy people in America that would abuse this system. If you're married and have worked for a certain amount of time maybe. Or have it be like unemployment or SS where you get out what you pay in. But I think there are too many people that would abuse a system like this and when you start adding all these rules people get nutty. So although it would be nice as I am a stay at home and would love to take advantage of something like that were it in place I understand why it's not.
    Anonymous

• There is- it's called welfare, gov. housing, WIC and welfare. Not to mention BS SSI.
    Anonymous

• yeah its totally welfare, you just have to be unwed with no income
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:20 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• lol this post is gonna get some attn i can tell ya that...I am a sahm and I feel its my right to choose to stay home or to work. I dont thinkt hat moms who work have kids that are any less productive than a mom who stays home to raise them. a babysitter or daycare is to add to your parenting-thats why you interview people anad places and find the one that agrees with how YOU want your child to be nurtured. Do I think moms should be paid to stay home? ummm not sure. while I know for a fact its a job how would you decide how that worked? who would be deserving and who wouldnt?
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:24 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Yet another way we could make it 'okay' for teens to have babies and 'keep' them. Wow I pop out a kid and I don't have to get a job? Okay!!!
    Anonymous

• Right... Remember I said LOAN. That means you have to work it off. Nothing in life is free. (except booby milk)
    This is NOT a post about working moms doing more or less than SAHMs.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 1:33 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Society used to be that where the woman could stay home and a husband could financially afford to take care of the family on his income alone. But because times have changed and society has adjudsted to more woking women, just to survive most households require 2 incomes. It is sad. People say women have a choice but many of us really don't when it comes down to it.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:38 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I do have a choice and i want to work, i will be starting a part time job in may (currently work a full time job but that is not ideal). I would never borrow money so that i can stay at home with my kids, some moms are better moms because they work..its not as simple as that.
    I do think that its sad that American women don't get a proper maternity leave, it would be better for the health of both mom and baby if the mothers were able to get a decent maternity leave instead of having to go back to work after a couple of weeks out of fear of losing jobs and income.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 1:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• No, what a silly idea, and what great motivation for those who can't afford children to begin with to have unwanted children who will be raised a heck of a lot worse than children who go to daycare, and btw, daycare is NOT the devil, just so they can get money to sit on their asses. Please. Dumbest idea I ever heard.

Anonymous