17 weeks pregnant & no one will hire me

I'm 28 years old & in the Colorado Springs, CO area. Does ayoe know of any companies around here that will hire pregnant women? I've been doing Logistics & Supply for the Army for the past 6 years but I'll take just about aything right now. Any advice or info? Thank so much :(

brknhalo22

Asked by brknhalo22 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• they don't have the right to turn you down because you're pregnant. if this is the reason they gave you (some plaves make up some other off the wall reason, but in reality it's cuz you're pregnant) then you can sue them if you're up to it
    Anonymous

• Babiesrus wil hire you, so will motherhood maternity.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Really? I will have to check them out. Thank you so much :)
    brknhalo22

Answer by brknhalo22 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Mrs.Owen86: I would hope that those places would hire someone who is pregnant. That would be kind of messed up if they didn't.
    OP: other than those listed I don't know of any.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 1:18 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I got offered a REALLY great job working for the govt like I did before however I did not tell them I was pregnant. I fear they will find another reason and I'll never know if it WAS b/c of the baby :( So I need other backup options in case they do turn me away.
    brknhalo22

Answer by brknhalo22 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Yes they will, I was 30 weeks and offered a job at babiesrus.. THose two stores have no problem hireing mommy to bes.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Don't tell them. They can't ask and they can't fire you once they hired you
    Anonymous

• I thought about hiding it but then I realized b/c it's the govt, they will find out before I get hired because I have to do a urine test for drugs & such :(
    brknhalo22

Answer by brknhalo22 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• My sister was about 4 or 5 months when she was hired as a leasing consultant at an apt. she didnt tell them and she wore an outfit that didnt make her look preg. They couldnt fire her after she was hired because she was preg.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 1:25 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Have you ever thought about working from home? I work from home, and I LOVE what I do. I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 ½ year old and 1 year old. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! WEEKLY PAY! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:08 PM on Mar. 17, 2010