Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mommy bully:

what do you do about an adult bully?do you go to them or away from them???honestly what would you do?this woman is a real i ignore?or will this just fuel the fire?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (10)
  • what is she doing?

    Answer by Jessica1991 at 1:29 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

  • Please explain more of what she is doing!

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

  • Need more info to determine what's the best option.

    Answer by MaryJacobs at 1:33 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

  • Don't be alone with her under any circumstances, If she threatens your life or your family's life either verbally or physically file a police report. Do not respond to her aggressive behavior, a judge or jury would look at who's most aggressive vs. who's more quiet and adult like. If she is in clubs your kids are in, her kids or she's a leader and that is emotionally threatening to you and your family then join other clubs.

    Always have witnesses to you and her, impartial as best you know of as well as people who know for a fact that you are the nonaggressor between you and the woman.

    Get a second phone number and keep that unpublished for 'got your back' friends and family and/or put her numbers of special ring, set your phone to decline blocked numbers.

    She sounds like my husband. Don't play her mind games. You showing fear strengthens her. There's difference between showing fear and proactive protection.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

  • walk away.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

  • Look up Narcissist and how to deal with them

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

  • yes she has been called a narcissist.....(i hope you didnt ,ean me)lol

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

  • I would not ignore her. I would call her a bully and tell her to stop bullying me! I wish you had offered more detail, but there's no way I would just ignore her.....

    Answer by TLALONDE16 at 7:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

  • If she is harassing you I would let her know to stop or you will file charges. It is usually people who know you that commit crimes against you. So I'd definatley make sure to let as many of your family know what is going on and not be around her. If she doesn't stop call the police. I don't know your situation but if an adult was harassing me that is what I would do. Good luck to you

    Answer by pnwmom at 10:14 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

  • If I feel that I really need to sever ties, I'll let someone know, "I really need to focus on my family and my own life right now, and so no, I can't indulge this anymore." Or, I'll say something like, "I don't feel that our friendship is healthy and I am going to walk away from it." Othertimes, I just walk away. Sometimes people are so full of their own crap they don't notice that you're even gone.
    If it's online, you may report them. If it's a facebook friend, delete one hangs around for a poisonous snake, so why stick with a poisonous friendship?

    Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 12:19 AM on Mar. 18, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.