mommy bully:

what do you do about an adult bully?do you go to them or away from them???honestly what would you do?this woman is a real bully....do i ignore?or will this just fuel the fire?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• what is she doing?
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 1:29 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Please explain more of what she is doing!
    Anonymous

• Need more info to determine what's the best option.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 1:33 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Don't be alone with her under any circumstances, If she threatens your life or your family's life either verbally or physically file a police report. Do not respond to her aggressive behavior, a judge or jury would look at who's most aggressive vs. who's more quiet and adult like. If she is in clubs your kids are in, her kids or she's a leader and that is emotionally threatening to you and your family then join other clubs.

Always have witnesses to you and her, impartial as best you know of as well as people who know for a fact that you are the nonaggressor between you and the woman.

Get a second phone number and keep that unpublished for 'got your back' friends and family and/or put her numbers of special ring, set your phone to decline blocked numbers.

She sounds like my husband. Don't play her mind games. You showing fear strengthens her. There's difference between showing fear and proactive protection.
    Anonymous

• walk away.
    Anonymous

• Look up Narcissist and how to deal with them
    Anonymous

• yes she has been called a narcissist.....(i hope you didnt ,ean me)lol
    Anonymous

• I would not ignore her. I would call her a bully and tell her to stop bullying me! I wish you had offered more detail, but there's no way I would just ignore her.....
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 7:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• If she is harassing you I would let her know to stop or you will file charges. It is usually people who know you that commit crimes against you. So I'd definatley make sure to let as many of your family know what is going on and not be around her. If she doesn't stop call the police. I don't know your situation but if an adult was harassing me that is what I would do. Good luck to you
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:14 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• If I feel that I really need to sever ties, I'll let someone know, "I really need to focus on my family and my own life right now, and so no, I can't indulge this anymore." Or, I'll say something like, "I don't feel that our friendship is healthy and I am going to walk away from it." Othertimes, I just walk away. Sometimes people are so full of their own crap they don't notice that you're even gone.
    If it's online, you may report them. If it's a facebook friend, delete them...no one hangs around for a poisonous snake, so why stick with a poisonous friendship?
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 12:19 AM on Mar. 18, 2010