Has anyone tried Serenite Jr as a sleep aid for their kids???

MyButlerGirls

Asked by MyButlerGirls at 1:39 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I've never heard of that but I do use low doses of melatonin to help my son sleep. Bash me if you must, but I don't consider it "drugging" him when he comes to me at midnight crying b/c he is physically incapable of slowing his brain down enough for him to sleep. AND YES...we have tried tiring him out running around, lavender baths, chamomile teas, white noise, bedtime stories, etc ... it's either this or he doesn't sleep.
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 2:02 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• no, I don't believe in drugging my children to make them sleep.

good habits - proper bedtime and wakeup time.

natural or not, its still something to make them sleep.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon. Drugging kids so they'll sleep is not ok in by book. It might not be safe and it's a horrible lesson to teach kids that pills can fix just about anything.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I never did either, my mil and also my best friend who was an r n of courses suggested about my teething baby to put whiskey on his gums to help him sleep and stop aching - no way. I let them use soft radios as white noise to help all of my kids sleep.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:50 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• It is common these days for parents to use homeopathic products. My mom used to give us chamomile tea. Or mint tea. So I would definitely give it to my children if needed.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 1:52 PM on Mar. 17, 2010