Do you love your siblings?

The 'do you love your mom' question got me thinking...do you love your siblings?

DreaKevAiyana

Asked by DreaKevAiyana at 1:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, me and my sister are pretty close. Well she's 14 now, so sometimes she's a little brat, but at the end of the day, we're all good. lol
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 1:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Love my "real" brother, love my step sisters, acknowledge my step brother.

I dont always agree with their life choices... but I love them.

My step brother, poor fella, was screwed up in the way my step father coddled him all his life. He never really emotionally grew up. It is hard to love someone you dont respect as an adult... but he does have a good heart... if he could pull his head out of his ass.

Anonymous

• I don't know. I only have one sister. She's 6 years younger and we have never been close. I have always resented her. I don't really feel love for her I guess. I assume if she passed away I'd feel something...I hope.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Not really.

I feel protective over her if someone else were to mess with her because she's 'family' but we have absolutely nothing in common; I do not like the person she is inside; aside from feelings of familial obligation I'd just as soon never talk to her again...
    Anonymous

• I do and I don't. I have 4, one half sister who is 10 years older than me, a sister who is 2 years older, a stepbrother (who's just a brother to me) who is 3 months younger, and a half brother who is 8 years younger than me. My oldest sister I have hated, hmmm, probably since I was born! She is someone I have never gotten along with, just 'put up' with at times, and now someone I do NOT want my daughter to ever really know. My other sister, we're in a 'hate' part of our relationship, meaning I really hate her and cannot have her in my or my family's lives. They are both very controlling, too opinionated, and just downright mean and negative 24/7 and I am not that kind of person. My stepbrother and I get along great, usually have, unfortunately right now he lives about 16 hours away. My youngest brother is cool, he's almost 18 and we go to concerts together, and he's a great uncle to my daughter!
    DreaKevAiyana

Answer by DreaKevAiyana at 1:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Yes, of course I do.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:49 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I do love my sisters, but to be honest if we weren't related, we probably wouldn't be friends. I have more in common with the older one, mostly because the younger probably thinks there is something wrong with me because I'm a Pagan. She never had much to do with the church when we were younger, not sure when that started. What she believes is fine for her, I just wish she could have the same respect for my views as I have for hers.

So I guess that yes, I do love both of them, I just don't really like them a lot. If that makes any sense. I don't see them much, the older one is in Montana, the younger one in California and I'm in Florida. The last time we were all together was in 1992, it use to bother me, but lately it really doesn't.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 1:51 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• My big brother is one of my best friends, he is ill right now, and I am so glad I can help him out. There is nothing closer to me than family!

Answer by older at 1:51 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I dont. I only have half brothers and sister and they dont aknowledge(sp?) me so i dont care for them either.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Yes I do, all of mine are half and steps but we all treat and love each other as if we were whole. We were raised together and I couldnt imagine my life without them.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:54 PM on Mar. 17, 2010