discouraged

So my husband and I have been trying since July to get pregnant and so far nothing. Since about then my doctor has run lots of blood tests done ultrasounds and everything has turned out normal. I had my iud removed in July and since then I think I've had maybe 4 periods. My doctor has put me on provera 2 times now to get my periods going. I just took it at the beginning of Feb so I was hoping that it would be the lucky month but I took a hpt on Thursday and Sunday and they were negative. Has anyone else gone through something like this? I'm not understanding that if everything is fine why am I not getting pregnant?

Bamzakarat

Asked by Bamzakarat at 1:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Call their office today and check and see if when they did the blood work if they checked your prolactin levels. Most doctors overlook that and elevated prolactin ended up being my fertility troubles, which is easily corrected. High prolactin levels can keep you from having periods.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:00 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• try using OPKs
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 2:01 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I know that at least two of the times they did blood work they checked them. They were normal but that was months ago that I had it done.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 2:03 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• stop trying and it will happen thats how we got pg each time
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 2:06 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• the reality is a healthy couple both in their 20's have about a 20 or 25% chance of concieving each month! thats it! and they say it takes that same kind of couple AT LEAST 6 months to get preg. now with that said, once we get the baby fever, its stuck, cant get rid of it! lol after stopping BC it can take a while to get your periods back to normal. all your hormones have to get readjusted and all that jazz! If you start charting your cycles (BBT, CM and CP) you will better be able to pinpoint ovulation to make sure you're BD'ing at the right time. Also if you just go with BDing every other day from CD 10-22 you'll prob get it at ovulation time. It just depends on what method is easiest for you. i found that fertilityfriend.com is my fave bc they have a free chart (you do NOT have to buy the whole VIP thing) and has a tutorial explaining how to chart what to look for and everything in between. baby dust momma!!!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 11:21 AM on Mar. 18, 2010