i'm going crazy...

my dd is 21 months old, and she's been acting out like crazy..she's hard headed on top of that, so she learns everything the hard way..literally. lately she has not been listening at all, we tell her not to touch the computer, and she does it anyway..she's biting when she doesn't get her way, i still have bite marks on my arm from where she bit me yesterday. she throws stuff down the stairs, climbs on the table (which is glass), pulls everything out of the diaper bag, and pulls things into the hallway from her room so many other things..we're consistent with time outs, but it doesn't get through to her, and she'll go a week of being great and not needing a time out to the next week of being a holy terror. i don't know what to do..and on top of all this she won't sleep in her own room..i hate letting her cio bc she falls asleep at her door and we cant get in..no bashing, i truely need advice on what to do ladies..suggestions??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• maybe a good spanking? I use spanking only when I have to and it seems to work. We do time out consistenly as well. Sorry your having hard time :(
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• if i get bit, the kid gets a pop in the mouth, and i dont care whos kid it is. hit hard enough that they get the point, but not beating standards.
    my dd used to fall asleep by her door as well, she eventually figured out it was more comfy in her bed, so she stays there. do you have a light in her room? are you putting her to bed too early? do you have a routine, so she knows its bedtime?
    her age, is children exploring and learning boundaries, getting into the diaper bag may not hurt her, but you need to make sure that she listens so that when there is something harmful, she will know not to touch.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• we keep a lamp on n her room, i can't find the right watt bulb for her night light..but we have a routine, dinner, bath, play, bedtime snack, and an episode of spongebob to settle her down..she's down by 10 every night..it's late, but puting her to bed any earlier means she's up 2-3 times a night rather than just 1..and that's another thing, she still wakes up once a night..she has ever since she caught a virus this past august. idk what else to do..ugghh
    Anonymous

• Slapping a kid in the mouth? You need to learn some parenting skills.
    Anonymous

• I would do bath after playtime and I would not show her tv after, maybe dinner, play, SpongeBob, then bath, books. TV can be too stimulating so it can erase the calming effects of bath time. I would replace the tv with books/reading and maybe start the routine earlier. Ten o'clock seems too late for a bed time to me, maybe she is getting over tired, although I understand you don't want her waking up any more than she already does at night. Now that the weather is breaking some fresh air might help get her tired out, and get some of the ants our of her pants. As for the behavior, I don't know what to advise. If you are doing time-outs mabye step it up to a lost privelege- if you throw a toy you lose the toy, etc. And reward, reward, reward for good behavior even if it is the simplest little thing. Catch 10 good things for every 1 bad thing. Sorry I don't have more, good luck, hopefully this phase passes soon and she evens out.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:41 PM on Mar. 17, 2010