What did your 2010 census ask?

Ours only asked how many people lived in the house, the race of each person, and how old they were. I've heard some people say it asks about income? Are there different types that go out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• My dh is working for the Census Bureau, they are not asking for income this year there is only one form. What some people might not realize is that the census helps determine how many Representatives your state has in the house and how much federal money your town will get. Plus the information collected from the census can not be released publicly until 70 yrs later. It is better to fill it out then not to.
    wife_mother1790

Answer by wife_mother1790 at 2:35 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Mine never asked income. Just how many live here. If my house is rented or owned. Info on each person(name, age, DOB, if the person lives anywere else too)
    Anonymous

• Mine asked what yours did with name and age etc. I didn't put last names, ages or phone number. None of their business. I figure I was being generous giving them a first name but figured it couldn't hurt.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Mine doesn't ask about income. I am conflicted about the race category. Usually I mark "other" and write in "human".
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:24 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I think people who do not get the long form are being insensitive to those who do. I remember getting the long form back in 2000 when I was not married or had any children. And it did ask questions I felt were inappropriate. I hope I get the short form this year but I still refuse to answer race questions...everyone does not fit into a neat little box!

Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 2:25 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I will not fill in names or ages of my children. The last thing i want is some pedophile working for the census bureau having my address and the choice of ages that he likes. Yes, I have a tinfoil hat, no, I don't care that people think I'm crazy.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:00 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

LOL!!
    Anonymous

• All the people whining about the census are going to ensure that all the red states get fewer seats in congress and the blue states get more seats, making the balance between Dem and Pub even more unbalanced. Quit your bitching and quit screwing over your state.
    Anonymous

What makes you think it is republicans who are having issues with filling out the census and democrats are all doing it?

riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:29 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• What makes you think it is republicans who are having issues with filling out the census and democrats are all doing it?

Because I can read the names of the people doing the whining
    Anonymous