answer the census for 4-1-10

do you realize that is April Fool's Day...? How many people do you think will fill it out wrong just for that...

I'm not sure I really like this whole census thing anyways. I dont want to put my name, number or anything like that on it. i'll fill out the other parts though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I dont want to put my name, number or anything like that on it. i'll fill out the other parts though.

You know that they already have your information. Just look at the end of the form: there is bar code.
    Anonymous

• I filled it out and sent it back that is one of the ways for our communities to really know the numbers so I feel the need as a citizen to do!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• It also says To Resident. and i live in an apartment, and ive been here for just one year this month.
    Anonymous

• If they do not receive one from your address, they will send a person out to collect your information. Every address was verified last spring. We went around every block and verified every house, apt, trailer, mobile home.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Paranoia reigns at Cafe Mom.......... ;-)
    Anonymous

• All the census is is a head count. It is a faster, simplier what to verify how many people live where. The government has the information already but it would take years to look everything up so they send out a simple form and have you fill it out.

My mom fills one out every year and HAS NEVER had a call back.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 4:17 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• My gosh, they have MORE information than what they are asking anyways! Just fill it out and send it back!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 4:20 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• i just think it's ironic that it's on april fool's day.
    Anonymous

• last year i didnt fill mine out and the sent someone to my h ome to ask me the questions..it took an hour! and the questions he asked were nosy! not the questions that are being asked on the census i got this year. this year all it asked was name,age etc..last year (i threw the census form out not reading it) and he asked if we were on fs and all kinds of nosy things! just fill it out!
    Anonymous

• This will be my 4th census. My first one as an independent adult was in 1980. I never minded filling it out. I always saw it as my civic duty. Now, with this administration, I see it as a violation of my privacy. This administration has preverted this basic duty to stand and be counted by the way it has pushed and allowed this government to impose itself on the citizenry without having any regard to the citizenry's wishes and desires.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2010