How do you deal with long distance relationships?

I am in a long distance relationship with a man Ilove very much. We are separated by 1000 miles right now, but hoping to correct that this summer. I teach and need to finish this school year. We have discussed being together and yes marriage has been mentioned as the long term goal. We have visited 3 times in the last 7 months and have a visit planned the first week in April.How do we keep it from becoming frustrating when intense feelings of love surface. We both are committed to making this work, but it is hard. Any suggestions. PS. Phone sex is okay occassionally, but ultimately causes more frustrations.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• All you can do is wait for time to pass. My husband is in the military and we haven't seen each other since Jan 3. And I have a 5 month old and a 19 month old. So, imagine how hard that is for him to be missing out on their lives. We don't even talk every day. Just be happy with the moments you have together and plan the future.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I prefer long distance relationships. You have so much to look forward to and they don't get on your nerves by being under foot all the time! I like my independence and need alone time but look forward to seeing my guy when I can. It just works well for us.
    Anonymous

• You just have to deal with it.  I know it's not the answer you want to hear but until you re-locate, it's the only one that will do.  I feel your pain though.  I lived in Canada and was in a relationship with a man who lived in the UK.  The good news is that it can work out, because we've been married 21 years.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Hun let me tell you me and my now fiance, met on myspace. we had a long distance relationship for damn near a year . i stay in newyork and he lived in north carolina. never came here and i never went there for the whole time. we just spoke on the phone everyday almost all day and then finally he came in decemeber to meet for the first time. We been engaged since dating for 6 months, so we are still engaged and live together now. im excited and cant wait. i hope you have alot of luck like i did hun...... if u have any questions you can ask me.
    Tryin4GodsAngel

Answer by Tryin4GodsAngel at 3:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2010