Pediasure, How Much?

My kids are 3 and 2 and they are very picky eaters at times, and I happened to learn about Pediasure, that it gives the right amount of veggie and fruit/vitamins to help keep them healthy and better there immune system, But how much do they need, just one drink a day? please help and share with me what you do!...thanks

gvfdwife05

Asked by gvfdwife05 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Askyour doctor. I thought my kids were too small for their age and picky eaters so I started giving it to them. I went to take them to their checkups and the doctor said that Pediasure should really only be used on malnourished kids, some failure to thrive kids, kids with feeding tubes, etc. It should not be used as a meal replacement or supplement in a normal healthy child. Instead, I give them a daily vitamin just in case.

I know it's had to watch your kids not eat their meals, but they'll eat when they're hungry. Some kids are just grazers and at that age will not sit down and eat a full meal. Find what they like and prepare it as healthy as you can.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2010

• IDK, I have never given it... IMO it just encourages them not to eat because they get this "chocolate milk" instead
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Kids don't need cow's milk. It can cause constipation, anemia, vitamin deficiencies, obesity, and digestive problems. If your kids are drinking milk it could be the problem.

Pediasure is milk, a vitamin pill, and some added calories. They don't need the milk. They can take a vitamin pill or eat something else that has added vitamins like cereal. There are other things they can eat for calories.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:03 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• That is just a marketting scheme. Don't believe the Pediasure commercials. They are trying to sell their product. There is no easy way to get young kids to eat well. Just give your kids good food. No kid will starve themselves if given healthy food. Sure they may want mac & cheese and chicken nuggets every day, but if you don't give in to what they want and present healthy foods they will eat when they get hungry enough.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:06 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• NO bad move,ask your doctor, i did the same cause my family had given me a whole bunch so i was thinking its good,but when i asked my doctor he said NO! this type of product is not made for just anyone and besides the fact that its pricey its more made for kids for medical needs such as handicap and children that are unable to eat it can cause constipation.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 3:15 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I THINK V-8 V FUSION WOULD BE A BETTER CHOICE !
    Anonymous

• My son's doctor had him drinking 1 a day when he wasn't gaining weight because it is filled with vitamins. Have you smelled the stuff? You can smell the vitamins. Also, when my son first started the meds for his ADHD, the doctor had him drinking 2 Pediasure a day because he had NO appetite and he would starve no matter what was put in front of him. Yes, it was expensive but atleast he wasn't starving and my son's doc gave me lots of coupons and my aunt worked for Abbott Labs and was able to purchase Pediasure for very cheap. If you children are not eating, for whatever reason, TALK TO THEIR DOCTOR. We are NOT doctors on this site. We can only give our opinions and experiences. NEVER take advice on a website as anything but people's opinions. ALWAYS talk to your doctor and make the decisions you feel are right for YOUR children.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 17, 2010