had a recent miscarriage and now

i am pg again.
with my mc i had bad diarrhea then when i wiped is when i found blood,
now i am having diarrhea and i am scared its going to happen again, i am not far along (5 wks) but does anyone know if that is a sign of mc or the precentage of having a 2nd one in a row? thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Diarrhea is not a sign of miscarriage. It was just something that happened at the same time. Try not to worry.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:58 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• If you are that worried call your doctor! I know I had 3 MC's and you never know all 3 were different for me!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 3:02 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• First Let me say I am so sorry for your Lose. I have had two mc in my day. I never had Diarrhea with either I think you may have a virus which is playing havoc on your body. If there is blood It does not always mean you are MC I thought it was happening to me again and it turned out that My body was just cleaning i self out I had a perfect baby Girl. If the mc keep happening ask your doc to see if your uterus is too thin you may be one of those woman who need to have your uterus stitched t o hold baby in and no sex! Yes it will be a long 9 months so well worth it. good lubk GOD BLESS!
    SCMomof2kids

Answer by SCMomof2kids at 3:04 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Give your OB a call, every body and event is diffrent but not necessarily a sign of a miscarriage but if you become dehydrated from the diarrhea that is not good for the pregnancy. If your body is trying to miscarry again, you made neeed a drug/hormone that helps your body maintain a pregnancy, also if you are Rh- you will need a rhogam shot so that your body does not try to reject the next pregnancy. So sorry for your loss and I hope this works out for you.
    momof4treasures

Answer by momof4treasures at 3:12 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• no its not a sign if you want you can message me i found out april 09 i was pregnant and then in June i misscarried i then found out in Nov i was pregnant again and i am now 22 weeks 2 days along and everytime i had cramping aching i worried i also had diarrhea and my mom said it was my body trying to clean its self out i guess she was right cause im this far but im still scared at times and i worry that im still going to lose her

i do wish you luck and i hope everything works out just dont stress about it i know hard to do and dont over do it i went kinda lazy the first trimester but like i said you need someone to talk to i am here
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 3:19 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Diarrhea could be from your nerves. Calm down. There is nothing that you can do to prevent a miscarriage. Obviously, don't be picking up on anything heavy and play by the rules. If it is meant to be then it will. I had a miscarriage about a year and a half ago and I am pregnant now, again. 22 weeks. I had to have vaginal progesterone suppositories and I had a cerclage the "stitching the cervix together" as the pp mentioned. Although I am allowed to have sex, just carefully. Once you reach the 12 week mark then you can breathe a sigh of relief because that is the point in pregnancy that miscarriage rates significantly drop. So I say kick back and prop your feet up for the next several weeks and you should be fine. 2 miscarriages in a row very seldom happen. It has and does though but most women won't have a second one. Good luck!
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 17, 2010