question on the census

what will happen if we dont mail it back??? and how often is this done.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not sure but I think they will deliver you another one. That's what my mom said anyway.... it does say that it's required by law to send it in. Not sure I'd want to risk it.
    Anonymous

• They said there is a fine up to $1000 I think not sure though on the actual fine price. But they said they rarely fine people for it. I feel it is not hard to do so why not just do it. We are citizens so we should do our part. You do not have to put your number down.
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 3:00 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• If you don't send it in, they will send you another one. If you don't send in the second one, they will send out a person to ask you the questions.
    It is done every ten years and it help for the government to allocate funds for your area. It really is in everybody's best interest to send it back in.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:00 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Census is hiring people to address this issue. If you don't send the form back. They will send someone to help you fill out the form.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 3:02 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• It's done every 10 years. The first thing they do is mail you one, if you don't return that they will start calling your home, if they still can't get you they have to pay people like me to come knock on your door... If you avoid that or refuse to answer the questions you are facing fine and possible jail time.

The reason behind it is simple. The census gives the government stats about your area, what kind of income is there, what kind of homes & households, population, minority percentages, age groups and the like. With this information they can better equip local governments, schools and make sure to provide what each area needs more efficiently.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:07 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• about ten years ago, when I didn't get the census form in the mail, they sent someone to my house with one for me to answer on the spot.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 3:08 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• You don't mail it back...they will send a second one because they know things happen with the mail and if that doesn't work, they will send a Census taker to your house to fill it out with you in person.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:58 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• What is a census? I am only 20 so IDK, seriously.
    Anonymous

• op here thank u for the answers
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 6:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Census - the count of the US population, number of people, age of people, location of people.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2010