Bridal shower DRAMA/HELL. Help... or advice, really.

I am trying to throw my friend a bridal shower... My friend has issues of her own and over reacts to nothing. Well, I have been trying to coordinate things with her fiance, and I get this random email from her sister basically trying to cause drama. I sent a response back saying I am trying to make things run smoothly. She sent me a dramatic email back as if I am stepping on toes. I just said sorry for any misunderstandings it happens. have a GREAT day"... essentially trying to smother the fire.
my mom and DH think i should just not do it at this point. i think that i will just ignore her sister and plan things and let it go. i want to do the party... and if anything or anyone else tries to cause drama i think i will just say "look, i was trying to be nice in doing this but no one is happy. you can do it."
do you concur? what would you do? any similar experiences?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ignore her sister and plan a nice party for your friend
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• maybe the sister really wants to do it because after all, its her sister....maybe you can be nice and invite her to help. You can say you guys can do it together so you can save money.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Yeah, don't let the drama-causers get you down. There are some in every bunch! Just move forward with your plans, if they give you grief politely state that it was your desire to throw this shower for your friend and while you are doing your best to honor and accommodate other's wishes, that you are the hostess. If someone else wants to do a shower that is their business, plenty of people have more than one shower, possible for this very reason. You can't please all the people all the time. Hopefully your friend appreciates your efforts, it is very kind of you to throw her a shower. Don't let the drama convince you otherwise.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:22 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• maybe the sister can give her the formal family shower and you can give her the fun girls night out for friends
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Keep doing what you're doing. Pick something that you haven't figured out yet and ask her to do it like the center pieces, or flowers, or something like that. Then she feels like she's doing something for her sisters shower and she's out of your way.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Her sister already is throwing a shower. I am wondering if, even though it doesnt' really make sense... if she is jealous of me--or rather afraid the one I throw will be "better." that is something that she would think, I think... lol... just annoying. thanks!
    Anonymous