Because we don't have enough census questions

How many people seriously believe that anyone really gives a damn about their personal info or that anyone will ever be specifically looking up their personal census record (aside from your great great great great grandchild who takes up genealogy a few hundred years from now)? The information is compiled and counted, nobody goes back and looks up how many people live in Sarah Smith's house at such and such an address. They look up how many people live in this congressional district and should we move the boundary over 3 blocks.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 3:24 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• "As allowed by law, census data becomes public after 72 years."
    "This information can be used as family history and other types of historical research"

I'm reading the form now.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 3:30 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• IKR....I am so sick of the "I don't want the government to have my info." I mean really...the government can look it up if they were so inclined. They don't have the time, money or manpower to do so. Just fill out the damn form and shut up.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:31 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I was surprized how many people they allowed for under one roof.... really how many people live in YOUr home?
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I honestly don't see what the big deal is either... Just fill the damn thing out and send it back!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:39 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• 2:31 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 by: BradenIsMySon
    IKR....I am so sick of the "I don't want the government to have my info." I mean really...the government can look it up if they were so inclined. They don't have the time, money or manpower to do so. Just fill out the damn form and shut up
    **************
    Exactly!!! ISn't this just a riot? Moms all over the place having fits about the Census.I keep reading " How dare they ask us those questions?" and "The questions are very invasive".... LOL. Wow, they have some serious paranoia.
    Anonymous

• It's not the census that is the problem it is the ACS 48 wonderful questions specifically asking when do you leave for work, How many hours do you work, etc. Crap questions they don't need to know about.
    http://www.census.gov/acs/www/
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:54 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I got the 12 page one left on my doorstep by a census worker. It asked who lives in our house and their ages. I've never seen the one with all the supposed inappropriate questions, but I have to agree with the PP's. Fill it out and send it back. Be a responsible citizen and adult and if you do somehow get one htat asks what time you leave for work, don't answer. It's not rocket science.
    Anonymous

• EXACTLY! Who the heck cares! My gosh... just fill the stupid thing out already! It is NOT personal - or at least not anything they don't know already anyways!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 4:19 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Even if I got the ACS Long form and it asked "How many times a day do you have sex?" or "Do you masturbate when alone?" I will answer, I couldn't care less if they know....I have nothing to hide.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:24 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

___
    Bullshizzle! I bet you were one of the many crying about the ACS in 2001.. the second time they wanted to try it. Why would you want to answer such questions? Tell me how them knowing my work schedule and if I have a flushing toilet helps COUNT PEOPLE? The point of the census is to COUNT people. So how does those prying questions help count us?
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 17, 2010