whats the best video monitor?

i dont want to spend more than 100$ my DD is 14 months old and our regular monitor broke a few months ago and we are just starting crib sleeping from co sleeping so i think a monitor would help me feel better about it.

melis1029

Asked by melis1029 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• does anyone have the summer infant say and night monitor ? it sells for 99$ is it good or junk?
    melis1029

Answer by melis1029 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• You will not be able to get a good one under $100. The best one is the Summer. I've tried 7 different video monitors and took all but the Summer back. I own 2. One is 3 and a half years old. I used it daily with my first child until I delivered my 3rd and now use it with her. I have no complaints about the Summer at all. When I bought it it was $180 but I think they've come down since then. I know you can get them at Babies R Us and Target.com.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:46 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I don't know about the cheap Summer. This is the one I have.

ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:49 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I also have the $199.00 Summer Day and Night hand held one. The picture and sound quality are great. I love the night vision. The only complaint I have is the static interference. I get a static noise every 15-30 secs on it, so when I have it in my room at night I have to turn the volume way down. I would still recommend it though.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 18, 2010